Today we are excited to announce the release of VMware vRealize Automation 8.0, the hybrid cloud management platform from VMware. With vRealize Automation, customers will be able to increase agility, productivity and efficiency through automation, by reducing the complexity of their IT environment, streamlining IT processes and delivering a DevOps-ready automation platform.
Use cases unlocked by vRealize Automation 8.0
The fundamental idea of vRealize Automation has been to eliminate manual, or semi-automated IT processes, through end-to-end automation with policy-based self-service. vRealize Automation 8.0 will be packed with new capabilities and improvements that will continue to make your hybrid cloud easier to operate and use. Here are the main use cases customers will achieve with vRealize Automation 8.0:
- Hybrid Cloud Management – build an easy to use and easy to consume hybrid cloud environment across on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Multi-cloud Extension – leverage native public cloud services with governance.
- Application Delivery with DevOps – automate the application development lifecycle from end to end with release pipelines across a multi-cloud environment.
- Manage Kubernetes Workloads – deploy VM- or container-based applications on any cloud. Manage Kubernetes workloads with governance across a multi-cloud environment.
Key Features and Capabilities
- Easy and fast to set up and manage – new Easy Installer will set up vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, VMware Identity Manager and vRealize Automation. In addition, vRealize Automation 8.0 will be natively integrated with VMware SDDC, making it easier and richer to automate and manage the entire SDDC. And with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, all the manual work of configuration, installation and maintenance is taken care of for you.
- Secure and compliant hybrid and multi-cloud platform – fine-grained governance and resource guardrails will allow customers to define team and project-based policies. These policies enable self-service provisioning of infrastructure and applications through a common catalog while maintaining security and compliance.
- Consistent orchestration across the multi-cloud environment – customers can model IT services as blueprints share them in the catalog. What’s new in this release is that those blueprints can be cloud agnostic, so you will be able deploy them on any cloud (private or public) based on pre-defined policies. In addition, you will be able to embed native public cloud services constructs into blueprints.
- Speed up application delivery with a DevOps-friendly platform – vRealize Automation 8.0 will integrate with development tools and automate the release pipeline management, including visibility and analytics of active pipelines.
vRealize Automation 8.0 is expected to be generally available in VMware’s fiscal third quarter ending November 1, 2019.
To learn more about this release, capabilities and packaging, visit the vRealize Automation page.
Powered by WPeMatico